MSME-DO (Formerly Small Industries Development Organization) was established in the year 1954 as an Apex Body. The organization has been working since last 53 years for the development and growth of small scale industries throughout the country by providing basic information for setting up of small scale industries and organising different types of programmes. It has also prepared number of reports related to the development of small scale industries.
MSME-DI (Formerly Small Industries
Service Institute) Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India, Ahmedabad was established in the year 1961 to develop and promote the small scale industries, in particular those small scale units existing in Gujarat State, Daman and Dadra & Nagar Haveli. The Institute during the last 46 years has extended full support and assistance to the units in Gujarat State and Union Territory of D&NH. It has continuously worked towards improvement in the quality of the product produced by SSI units and in upgradation of technology, skill development, marketing, enhancing exports etc. The SISI Ahmedabad provides wide range of extension services to the small scale sector in the State of Gujarat through its main Institute at Ahmedabad and with the support of Branch Institutes located at Rajkot and Silvassa.
MSME-DI, Ahmedabad is housed in a rented premises at Harsiddh Chambers, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad on the 4th Floor. The total area of premises is 327.96 sq.mtrs. and training hall in the basement with 168.98 sq.mtrs. The Office is accommodated in the premises available on the 4th Floor whereas the part of Cellar is used for training purpose/meetings and the part is used for stores.
Information Facilitation Counter:
The Institute has made arrangement for a special Information Counter where an Officer has been deputed to guide the visitors. Their names and the requirements are entered in the register. They are suitably guided and if required they are sent to concerned Technical Officer for the required information. The visitors are well received with good hospitality. Following arrangements have been made for dissemination of information to the visitors and compilation of other data.
(1) Computer alongwith Printer has been installed at I.F.C.
(2) Suitable sitting arrangements have been made for visitors.
(3) Technical Magazines/Journals have been subscribed and are kept at IFC.
(4) Visitors’ slip has been prepared. Visitors are referred to the Technical Officers for their requirements.
(5) Proper arrangements for drinking water have been made.
The Training Hall is located in the basement with an area of 168.98 sq.mtrs. The hall has been totally renovated and carpeted, also 3 A.Cs. (Split Units) of 2 Tons each, Tables & Chairs for the Dias. Regular Training programme on CAD/CAM in collaboration with IGTR are conducted
A Technology Resource Centre (TRC) has been established in the SENET to disseminate information on Modernisation, Technology Upgradation, Web addresses of Technology Providers & Technologies available with them, Addresses of Machinery and Raw Material Suppliers, Quality Standards, Addresses of Consultants etc. Technology published by other Institutes is alo available on this forum for dissemination of information about their activities.
- The Institute is having its own Library with more than 2015 books on all trades viz. Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Glass & Ceramics, Food, Metallurgy, Leather, Metal Finishing, Plastics, Rubber etc.
- Important Technical Magazines and Journals are subscribed for updation of knowledge of officers and to know the recent technological developments taking place world over.
- More than 1000 Project Profiles are available on different products of all trades. Updated Project Profiles are also available in the Library.
- Entrepreneurs can refer technical books and journals from the Library.
- The Institute is also having Hindi Cell to promote and encourage officers and staff to work in Hindi. There are 738 Hindi books available in the Library.
- New/updated project profiles are provided to the entrepreneurs for getting first hand technical information about the product to set up SSI units.
- Literature/Booklets /Brochures/Policy Matters are also supplied to the visitors on request
Branch MSME-DI, Rajkot
The Branch SISI, Rajkot is situated at 1/5 Jagnath Plot in a rented premises having an area of 2957 sq.ft.. The Branch Institute is headed by Dy. Director I/c. with supporting staff in Mechanical trade. It provides similar services to the entrepreneurs and small scale units of the Saurashtra region.
A Computer alongwith Printer has been installed alongwith Internet & E-mail facilities at the Institute for providing better services.
Br. MSME-DI, Silvassa
The Branch SISI, Silvassa was established during Feb., 1984 at Masat Industrial Estate. The Workshop is also located in Masat Industrial Estate having an area of 228.46 sq.ft. The Branch Institute has also been renovated. A Computer alongwith UPS and Printer with Modem facility has been installed.
The E-mail address of the Institute - firstname.lastname@example.org
In the workshop following Machinery and Equipments are available for providing services to the small scale industries at nominal rates:
- Lathe Machine
- Tool Cutter
- Power Hacksaw
- Bench Grinder
- Welding Machine
- Drill Machine
- Shaper Machine
- Milling Machine
Regular Skill Development Training Courses in Machine Shop Practice are also being organised in the Workshop. Design & Development activities are also undertaken to improve the quality of the product and increase the production capacity.